Eggs could be one of the hardest foods to give up as a vegan. However, this hurdle can be solved with tofu.
In addition, this tofu scramble is perfectly spiced and it takes only 15 minutes to prepare this delicious and flavorful breakfast. Also, full of nutrients.
so, let’s make this recipe!
- 250 g tofu
- 150 g broccoli
- 150 g zucchini
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 50 ml olive oil
- 100 ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Crush the tofu.
- Chop the onions, zucchini, cherry tomatoes into small pieces and prepare the broccoli.
- Put the baking pan on low heat, add olive oil, then onion and chop garlic and fry for a few minutes, until the onion gets a golden color, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tofu in a pan, season the tofu, add the salt, black pepper and turmeric, stir everything and fry for a few minutes.
- Add zucchini, broccoli to the mixture, mix with the other ingredients, then add water and let it simmer for about 5 minutes, then add the cherry tomatoes. Fry the scramble for another 2-3 minutes and serve.
Health benefits of Tofu
Tofu is a good source of several enriching nutrients. It is low in calories, contains 76 per 100 grams. It also has 8 essential amino acids for the body, as well as 14 grams of protein per 100 grams
A lot of people criticize vegans for not having enough calcium. However, Tofu contains 75% percent of the recommended calcium daily intake. It also contains isoflavones that help to improve memory.
For this recipe, I used firm tofu. You can also make use of extra-firm tofu. Also, you don’t have to press your tofu while making this vegan breakfast because the water will cook out of it in the first couple of minutes.
Make sure you include turmeric, onion, and garlic, this gives the tofu a very good taste and scent, similar to eggs.
Due to a large number of vitamins and minerals, turmeric has an indisputable nutritional value. It contains vitamins B6 and B3, folic acid, and most of the minerals potassium, iron, and manganese.
It is also an excellent source of dietary fiber. However, since you need only 1 tbsp of turmeric for this recipe, the calorie value it provides is quite low.
For spices, I used broccoli, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes. Feel free to add any vegetable you want.
I hope you make this beautiful and nutritious tofu scramble soon. Let me know when you make it via the comment section.
- This tofu burger with mushroom and beans is everything you have ever craved for in a burger.
- Go classy with this silken tofu berry smoothie.
- Must try silken tofu and chocolate moussel pie.
- Treat yourself to a healthy and nutritious silken tofu ranch dressing.
- Enjoy this silken tofu with cauliflower recipe.
- Adventurous? Try this egg rolls with peanut butter.
- Quick and easy to make 5-minute silken tofu scramble.