Looking for budget-friendly and gluten-free diet options? Craving spicy, citrusy flavors in your meals? Buckle up and continue reading about Trader Joe’s red quinoa salad recipe!
Whether it’s sweet or savory, quinoa is one of the most versatile wholegrain porridge. There are a myriad of Instant Pot Gluten-free recipes you can make with quinoa. A desirable addition would be Trade Joe’s signature lime-cilantro ranch dressing. Hands down, this salad dressing is the crux of the recipe! The zesty, garlicky flavor of this remarkable dressing paired with the nutty, red quinoa will make you love this vegan dish.
Trader Joe’s Red Quinoa Salad Recipe
For the red quinoa
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 12 oz black beans, canned
- 2 cups sweet corn
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped onions (either red or white)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper and salt
- 2 tbsp jalapenos
- 2 cups vegetable/chicken broth, or water
- 1 cup sour cream
For the lime cilantro ranch dressing
- 1 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp ranch powder
- 2 tbsp squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp jalapeno
- 4 tbsp olive oil
For the ranch dressing
- In an electric blender, add chopped cilantro, lime juice, ranch powder, and jalapeno
- Once blended, drizzle in olive oil
- Blend again until the mixture turns smooth
- Pour it to a bowl and chill until serving time
For the red quinoa bowl
- First off, thoroughly rinse the quinoa and transfer it into a mesh strainer
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add one cup of quinoa along with the broth
- Let the mixture simmer for about 12-15 minutes
- Once it comes to a boil, turn off the flame and set it aside to cool down
- Remove the lid and fluff the quinoa with a wooden fork
- Make sure quinoa has completely absorbed the broth
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cherry tomatoes, corn, avocado, onions and black beans
- Now, add the lime cilantro ranch dressing and sprinkle with salt and black pepper according to taste
- Toss everything and set aside
- Dish out the quinoa in serving bowls
- Top it with the veggies
- Lastly, garnish with lots of lime cilantro dressing
- Voila! It’s ready to serve!
And there you have it, easy and delicious home made Trader Joe’s red quinoa salad recipe.
Types of Quinoa
Are you wondering what’s up with all the different types of quinoa? No worries, let us break it down for you:
- White quinoa: This one’s the most common. Its tan white in color and is commonly called ivory or golden quinoa. White quinoa has a mild taste and cooks up fluffier than red and black quinoa
- Black quinoa: You’ll find this in every grocery store. When it comes to taste, it’s slightly sweet and earthy
- Red quinoa: If you’re looking for the right type of quinoa for salads, then red quinoa is the best option. It’s chewier and comes in a maroon-ish brown color
More Quinoa Recipes
Add some protein to your quinoa with the Tilapia Quinoa recipe.
Well, tilapia may not be your favorite fish, but it’s still a reasonable choice to go with red quinoa. It has a bland taste as compared to salmon but you can always spice it up with chilies and herbs of your choice.
Take your plant-based diet to the next level with this mighty Whole Foods California Quinoa Salad. From seasonal fruits to veggies and herbs, this salad is the ultimate go-to meal when you’re famished after a long day.
You’ll be surprised to know that Bolivian cuisine is all about vegetarian dishes and gluten-free ingredients. This Bolivian Quinoa recipe might interest you! It’s prepared with chickpeas, quinoa, and bell peppers, etc. Give it a try!
Looking for some cheat day options? A little mac and cheese doesn’t hurt anybody, right? Let go of your guilt for once and try out the Quinoa Mac and Cheese recipe. The combo of cheese, quinoa, and paprika is a delight for your taste buds.
More Mouthwatering Salad Dressings
Ever heard of the Mole Sauce recipe with peanut butter? Don’t worry about the peanut butter recipe. We’ve got you covered!
Cinnamon, chicken broth peanut butter, red and green chilies combined together give the spectacular burst of flavors you need to spice up your quinoa bowl. Now that’s an interesting combination! Try it out yourself and dwell in the goodness of sweet and sour flavors.
Note: To make the peanut butter, just take two cups of unsalted, roasted peanuts, add in a bit of salt, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and blend away!
If the commercially available salad dressings put you off, make your own whole grain mustard dressing. It’s thick in texture and tastes better than Dijon mustard. The best part is wholegrain mustard contains less preservatives and is perfect to give that nutty, tangy flavor to your quinoa bowl.
Alternatively, if you’re not big on salad dressings, quickly toss up a Cauliflower and Kale Salad. It’s a quick, refreshing salad and super easy to prepare.
So, if you make the Trader Joe’s red quinoa salad recipe, do let us know how it turned out in the comments section below!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.