Believe it or not, it’s salmon time again! One can never have enough salmon, it’s packed with omega-3s and important nutrients that keep our bodies healthy. Salmon isn’t popular just because of its fat content, people love salmon because it’s so delicious. Pair your salmon with an aromatic seasoning like the Traeger Salmon Shake recipe, then you have a match made in heaven!
Soak your cedar plank and fire up the grill!
Traeger Grilled Salmon with Salmon Shake Seasoning Recipe
- 1 large salmon fillet, skin on
- 1 tbsp Traeger salmon shake seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Edible flowers
- 1 1 cedar plank
- Traeger outdoor grill
- Soak your cedar plank in a water bath and place a weight on its surface to keep it submerged
- You can add juices or wines to the water bath for more flavor
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees F, with the lid closed
- Place your salmon on a cutting board or countertop
- Rub olive onto the salmon fillet
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt, pepper, and Traeger salmon shake
- Take your cedar plank out of the bath after 1 hour
- Carefully place the plank in the center of the grill grate
- The plank will give off smoke, let it heat for 5 minutes
- Place the fillet on the plank
- Let the salmon cook for 20 minutes or till it flakes with a fork
- Once the salmon is cooked turn off the grill and remove the plank from the grate
- As the salmon cools, cut it into smaller portions for easy serving
- Plate the salmon and garnish with cilantro, lemon wedges, and flowers
Tips for this recipe
- You can store your salmon in the fridge for 6 days
- Salmon can last in the freezer for a month
- Reuse your cedar plank till it's entirely charred, then chop it into bits to use a fire fuel
Your Traeger Salmon Shake seasoned and grilled salmon is cooked to perfection! The Traeger shake adds a gentle spiciness and tanginess to your fillet, while the smoked earthy aroma tingles the senses.
Tips on Grilling Salmon
In my humble opinion, grilled salmon is the best way to cook it. Nothing adds more flavor and aroma while maintaining the juiciness of the fillets than a good grilling. People are unfortunately wary of grilling fish on a steak, some say “what if the fish sticks to the plank?”. The solution is pretty straightforward, every time you are about to grill any food over a plank, make sure to oil the plank thoroughly. Or if you prefer to opt-out of using a plank, then simply wrap your food in non-stick foil.
When grilling the meat in the Traeger salmon shake recipe, don’t be eager to flip it, it won’t help in grilling as the heat from the grill uniforming smokes the salmon. Also, remember to heat your plank on the grill before placing the fillets on it. This will help in providing the fillets with enough heat to kickstart the grilling process.
When you plan on buying salmon, always go for wild-caught ones instead of farm-raised fish. Wild Salmon has a stronger taste and leaner meat than farm-raised salmon.
Looking for Something Else?
While salmon is a popular dish, there is no set-in-stone method to prepare it. Your friends’ favorite salmon recipe they swear by, might not be your cup of tea. If you’re still looking for “the one” salmon recipe, look no further, we have a lot (we aren’t exaggerating) of mind blowing salmon recipes:
- The Copper River Salmon with Bean Sauce is a tasty and scrumptious recipe
- Pan-seared salmon with zesty salsa makes a colorful combo in the Williams Sonoma Salmon Recipe
- A great way to utilize your cedar plank is to make the Wegmans’ Salmon Recipe
- For a different approach, poach your salmon for a grand feast
Enjoying seafood doesn’t mean you only have to eat salmon, enjoy a fresh catch of tilapia and make the Salsa Verde Tilapia with Spinach. Enjoy your delectable seafood meals with a side of creamy spinach or a Kale and Cranberry Salad.
Organic brown rice is the most commonly served side dish as it elevates the flavors of salmon and provides a balance to the palate. A hot bowl of Lambsquarter Soup with salmon fillet is never an underwhelming meal.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.