I don’t know about you but I’ve tried numerous recipes from Trisha’s cookbook and the one I really liked was her maple-glazed salmon recipe. Not only does it require minimum ingredients, but it also takes only 20 minutes to prepare. This makes it an excellent option for when you aren’t in a mood to cook or have unexpected guests come over. So let’s make the famous Trisha Yearwood Salmon Recipe.
Trisha Yearwood Maple-Glazed Salmon
- 6 oz salmon fillets, skin off
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, as per taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Take a small bowl and add the brown sugar, maple syrup, olive oil, teriyaki sauce, and some salt and pepper
- Whisk till the ingredients are well-combined and set aside once done
- Place the salmon fillets in an oven-friendly dish or the air fryer basket
- Brush the glaze over the fillets, coating them evenly
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked through
- Serve the fish as it is or pair it up with a salad
Where Did the Recipe Come From?
If you’re into country-pop music or are a fan of southern cuisine, you’ve probably heard the name Trisha Yearwood at least once. But in case you didn’t know, Trisha Yearwood is a famous singer and chef who rose to fame in the early 1990s. Currently, she is hosting Food Network’s show, Trisha’s Southern Kitchen.
As both a super chef and a Grammy Award-winning country music star, Trisha Yearwood has charmed food- and music-loving audiences alike on her cooking show. She’s known for her quick and easy recipes that are particularly useful for working individuals who don’t get much time to cook.
Health Benefits of Salmon
The Trisha Yearwood salmon recipe isn’t just delicious and quick to whip up, it’s also good for your health. Here are some amazing health benefits of salmon:
- Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These have proven to be effective in reducing inflammation, lowering blood pressure, and decreasing risk factors for disease.
- Every 100g salmon serving contains 22–25 grams of protein. This is useful for healing, protecting bone health, and preventing muscle loss among other things.
- Salmon has an ample amount of several B vitamins. Your body needs these for healthy cell production, controlling inflammation, and protecting heart and brain health.
- It is a good source of potassium, which is helpful in managing blood pressure and preventing excess fluid retention.
- Salmon is loaded with selenium, a mineral that can improve bone health and thyroid function
- Last but not least, salmon is flavorful and can be savored in many different ways. It makes excellent diet food as well, helping in weight management.
Is Salmon Safe for Everyone?
Salmon is an oily fish, meaning it’s rich in nutrients and omega-3 fatty acids. However, salmon also contains low levels of pollutants, including dioxins and polychlorinated biphenyls.
Although removing the skin and any dark flesh helps minimize levels of pollutants, these measures don’t eliminate the risk. For this reason, the following groups are advised to limit their salmon consumption to two portions per week:
- Girls, young women, and those actively trying to get pregnant
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women who should follow specific guidance
Other Salmon Recipes to Try
Maple-glazed salmon is great, but who doesn’t love having options? Here are some other easy salmon recipes that you can try at home:
- Pan-seared Salmon and Herbed Brown Rice for a date night with your significant other
- Or try the infamous Beer Marinated Salmon, an easy cook option for dinner
- You can also try Baked Salmon Sushi Rolls when you’re craving sushi but are on a budget
More Healthy Recipes from Trisha Yearwood
The country music star, cooking show host, and cookbook author is big on comfort food and quick and easy recipes. And, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t give her recipes a try. From veggie burgers to cornbread chili casserole, Trisha’s cookbook has something for every mood and taste!