Have you ever picked up a bag of granola at the supermarket and turned it around to look at the ingredients list? Because I did and was terrified from the fact that a simple 5-10 ingredient granola ended up with 20 plus ingredients?! Half of which I couldn’t even pronounce. So why not make a delicious vanilla almond granola recipe at home?
If you think about it, how could anything with a hefty amount of needless ingredients be anywhere near healthy?
Now let us ditch those bags of sugary, preservative-laden granola and make our own naturally sweetened delicious goodness. Let’s go!
Vanilla Almond Granola Recipe
- 2.5 cup oats (I prefer old-fashioned rolled oats)
- 1/2 cup almonds (you can use more or less according to your preference)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup natural sweetener of choice (I used maple syrup but you can use honey if you like)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (use pure vanilla extract for better flavors)
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 300F or 150C
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet and set aside
- In a bowl, add the dry ingredients (oats, cinnamon, almonds, and salt) and set it aside
- In another bowl, add all the wet ingredients (sweetener and coconut oil)
- Whisk them together
- Add vanilla and almond extracts into the wet mixture and whisk again
- Pour the wet mixture on the dry ingredients
- Toss it around
- Make sure all the dry ingredients are properly coated
- Spread this onto the prepared baking tray
- Bake for 45 minutes, stir it every 15 minutes
- After 45 minutes, take out the baking tray and allow it to cool
- Once cool, enjoy with your favorite toppings and condiments
Tips for this recipe
- This granola can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 weeks in an air-tight container
- You can also freeze it in an air-tight container for up to 2 months
- You can also add other dry fruits like pecans or raisins, just skip the almond extract (learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of being a vegetarian)
And that’s it! It’s really that easy to whip up a healthy yet delicious snack for when you get the munchies but need to stay healthy!
Why We Love Granola
Granola is a great healthy snack to munch on. It’s full of complex carbs in the form of oats, delicious fats, and a whole lot of flavor! It’s also high in fiber which means it keeps you full for a long time, while also aiding in digestion.
Not to mention, it’s also super addictive. Once you start munching on a bowl while watching TV, it won’t be long until you finish the whole thing and crave more.
In that case, it’s a good thing this recipe is super simple to make. You can whip up some fresh granola whenever you’re craving it, without any of those unpronounceable ingredients. Most of these ingredients should be already available in your pantry, but if not, you should be able to find them easily.
This recipe incorporates two of my favorite granola flavors into one; vanilla and almond. Just something about the two that screams flavorful and wholesome! We use both, actual almonds and almond extract to really get that flavor to come out. You can skip the extract if you prefer but trust me, it comes together really well.
More Almond Based Recipes
If you want some other fun almond munchies’ ideas you might want to try our recipes for:
- Make some almond biscotti
- For a perfect snack try out our almond cookies
- To sip with a cup of tea, make the almond teacake
- For breakfast you can go for the almond croissant
- Almond burfi if you feel like having something sweet
Ways To Eat Granola
Granola goes with almost everything. This granola recipe makes an excellent topping for Greek yogurt or smoothie bowls for when you need that element of crunch. You can even add it to desserts as it tastes great with almond custard, adding a trifle touch to it. If you’re in the mood for some ice cream, make it healthier by adding it on some homemade ice cream!
You can make a lot of different variations of this recipe depending on how creative you are. Do try it out and let us know what you think!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.