When it comes to something cold and sweet, who doesn’t love ice cream?! The creamy, cool, goodness of it…and what can be better than home made Vanilla Swiss Almond Ice Cream Recipe?
But unfortunately, not all of us can have the ice cream usually available in stores thanks to dairy allergies, health choices, vegan lifestyle, and what not. But those don’t sound like good enough reasons to miss out on ice cream. I mean, is any reason good enough to give up on ice cream? I don’t think so!
How to Make Vanilla Swiss Almond Ice Cream
Without further ado, let’s get started with the recipe!
Vanilla Swiss Almond Ice Cream
For the vanilla ice cream base
- 1 cup coconut milk I used full fat
- 8 pieces Medjool dates pitted would be best
- 1.5 cup nut milk of choice I used almond, you can also use cashew or hemp milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp guar gum optional
For chocolate coated almonds
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp fine grain salt
For vanilla ice cream base
- In a blender, add the pitted dates and coconut milk
- Blend until smooth
- Now add the nut milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, and the guar gum (if using) into the blender as well
- Blend everything until smooth
- Pour into a container and freeze for an hour at least
- Now pour it into an ice cream machine and churn as per instructions
For the coated almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350F or 180C
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Spread your almonds onto the baking tray
- Pop the tray into the oven and toast for about 10-12 minutes until brown
- While still warm, put the almonds in a bowl with the chocolate chips and salt
- Let it sit for about 3 minutes until the chocolate melts
- Once the chocolate melts, toss the almonds around until fully coated
- Once coated, spread the almonds onto a baking sheet
- Refrigerate them until set
For Vanilla Swiss Almond Ice cream
- Chop the chocolate-coated almonds
- Add them to your vanilla ice cream base while reserving some for later
- Fold in your chopped almonds into the ice cream base
- Pour into the container you want to freeze the ice cream in
- Top with the almonds you reserved earlier
- Freeze until solid
Tips For This Recipe
- You can also make your own coconut milk if you like
- If you don’t have an ice cream machine, you can use a food processor or an electric hand mixer
- If you want additional crunch, you can also use peanuts or pecans
- You can use both milk chocolate or dark chocolate to coat the almonds, whatever you prefer
- If you feel fancy, serve this ice cream with some almond biscotti for a fancy dessert
There you have it: your own vegan, dairy-free, paleo ice cream that is delicious yet healthy. So you no longer have to choose between having a cold creamy treat or avoiding stomach cramps because this recipe allows you to do both.
We hope you’ll love this Vanilla Swiss Almond Ice Cream recipe . However, you can get creative with the vanilla ice cream base and turn it into whatever flavor you like! Just be sure to factor in the sweetness and other flavors while you’re at it.
Other Healthy Dessert Options
Eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to deprive yourself. You can always enjoy a healthier version of your favorite desserts or have it in moderation. Here are some other dessert recipes with almonds, for when you get the sweet tooth tingling!
- Whip up an almond tea cake to have with some tea
- Go with something simple like the cherry almond biscotti
- If you’re craving something sweet, try the Almond barfi
- Whip up Almond custard for your friends and family
- You can also make almond croissant at home
If you like healthy ice cream options, there are other recipes you can try as well. If you have coeliac disease, you can go for the Gluten-free strawberry ice cream. Not only does it taste just as good as regular ice cream, it won’t cause any reactions too. Also, if you’re avoiding dairy, you can make vegan ice cream like the vegan coconut ice cream or make some Vegan frozen raspberry yogurt bars.
If you happen to try any of these recipes, let me know how it turned out!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.