Firstly, there are different flavors of ice cream. However, nothing beats a beautiful combination of bananas and almonds, coated with fine tasty and dark chocolates like this vegan almond ice-cream recipe.
Let’s make this recipe!
Vegan almond ice cream
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (or coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup almond pasta
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup
- Dark organic chocolate
- Sliced almonds
- Put the frozen bananas in the food processor, then add the coconut cream, add the almond paste, and then the vanilla extract.
- Add maple syrup to taste, and you can add a little honey. Turn the food processor to medium speed and let it run for a few minutes, until you get a fine, smooth ice cream mixture.
- Prepare the ice cream mold and sticks. Fill each mold halfway with the mixture, and then insert the sticks. Fill the mold to the top and remove the excess with a flat spatula.
- Leave the mold in the freezer for 5 hours.
- Melt the dark chocolate and prepare the sliced almonds.
- Once the ice cream has frozen, dip the ice lolys in the chocolate and immediately sprinkle with the almond flakes. The ice cream is frozen and the chocolate is warm, the chocolate will set in less than 1 minute.
I love this ice-cream because you need only a few ingredients to make it. Also, this recipe contains no sugar, egg, and dairy products yet it has a superb taste! What more? It’s great for vegans and anyone who is allergic to dairy products.
To make this vegan almond ice-cream, I used frozen bananas for the base. I also reserved some of the bananas to make some milkshakes with banana flavors.
I used bananas for this recipe because it gives the ice-cream a smooth and rich texture similar to dairy products.
Also, it’s important to choose ripe bananas when making this vegan Almond ice cream but make sure the bananas aren’t overripe.
Bananas are also a great source of potassium, fiber, vitamin C and B6.
It’s important to choose ripe bananas when making this vegan almond ice-cream but make sure the bananas aren’t overripe.
Health benefits of bananas
Good source of vitamin B6
A medium-sized banana provides about a quarter of your daily vitamin B6 needs.
Vitamin B6 helps with the following:
- Produce red blood cells,
- Metabolise carbohydrates and fats and turns them into energy,
- Metabolise amino acids,
- Removes unwanted chemicals from your liver and kidneys.
Good for the your skin
A medium-sized banana provides about 13% of your daily manganese needs. Manganese is responsible for collagen production. This protects your skin and other cells against damage from free radicals.
Bananas contain natural sugars like sucrose, fructose, and glucose. These natural sugars provide a fat and cholesterol-free source of energy.
This makes bananas ideal for midday snacks or breakfasts.
- Crunchy, delicious and gluten-free white cake almond dacquoise cake
- Super sweet, homemade, and easy to prepare almond meringue cookies.
- This lemon almond pound cake is made with almond cream enriched with a flavorsome lemon batter, giving you a moist, light, and absolutely delicious treat!
- This refreshing biscotti recipe, slightly scented with almond and lemon, is perfect for this summer season.
- This crispy almond cookie is very easy to bake!
- Get creative with this almond tea cake and almond sweet cream pie.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.