Avocado enriches the diet because it contains almost 20 vitamins, including high levels of vitamin E, minerals, and useful plant compounds. Equally important, the high level of carotenoids in this fruit helps the body absorb more nutrients. This is why avocado is a great choice as a supplement in many salty and sweet pasta dishes.
Also, spaghetti and avocados are a great combination for a simple, tasty, and healthy meal. I love to make this vegan avocado pasta recipe on weekends.
Let’s make this recipe!
Vegan Avocado Pasta
- 250 g spaghetti
- 2 ripe avocados
- 30 g basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp oat milk
- Salt to taste
- Cherry tomato and parsley
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water until there are al dente. Add the spaghetti to the water only when the water boils, then cook for 8 to 10 minutes or prepare zucchini veggie spaghetti for a low-carb meal. Pasta must never be overcooked, but "al dente", as the Italians would say. This means that the noodle is cooked, but still tough under the teeth. An interesting fact is that poorly cooked pasta is easier to cook!
- When the spaghetti is cooked, rinse it with fresh water and drain well.
- Cut the avocado, remove the stone and peel, and insert the slices into the food processor. Don't cut your avocados too early! It is best to cut it and core just before blending with all the other ingredients. If you cut the avocado too early, it will turn brown, and the lemon and all the other ingredients for the preparation of this sauce will maintain the freshness and green color of the avocado.
- Add basil leaves, olive oil, chopped garlic cloves, lemon juice and oat milk to the food processor. Turn on the food processor, so that all the ingredients blend and combine.
- Combine cooked spaghetti with a creamy avocado sauce and other ingredients.
- Wrap the Vegan Avocado Pasta in a whisk and serve with cherry tomatoes, sprinkled with pieces of chopped parsley.
When making this recipe, you can replace spaghetti with a vegetable spiral slicer made of zucchini, carrots, or whatever you like and transform this meal into a low-carb version.
It’s important to make use of ripe avocados for this recipe. This helps you achieve a perfectly creamy pasta sauce.
How do I ripen avocados faster?
If your avocado is still hard and unripe, you can place the avocados in a brown paper bag with an apple or banana for 3 to 4 days. This will speed up the ripening process.
Temperature is also important for its maturation, so put it in a place where it is warm, but do not leave it directly in the sun, this will darken it.
Also, if the avocados start to ripen too fast, keep them in the fridge. This will prevent them from over-ripening.
If you have leftover avocado sauce after making this recipe, you can store them in the refrigerator. However, make sure to store them in an airtight container before placing them in the refrigerator.
You can enjoy avocado paste hot or cold.
- Healthy vegan cavatappi pasta with tomatoes and spinach.
- The sauce, aroma, and flavor of this creamy curry penne pasta will brighten your my mood.
- With this brown rice quinoa recipe, you can have a healthy and light meal without sacrificing nutrients and taste.
- Making this brown rice pasta with broccoli and kale isn’t rocket science, you can get it ready in a few minutes with easy instructions.
- Get creative with vegan brown rice crackers, vegan coconut ice-cream and vegan frozen raspberries yogurt bars.