Coconuts haven’t changed, but their uses have evolved over the past 10 years. Once upon a time, coconuts were only found in sugary pina colada and candies. However, they are now used in coconut oil, coffee, oatmeal, smoothies, ice-creams, and many more
I made this vegan coconut ice cream recipe rich with coconut flakes and maple syrup. Meanwhile, adding lemon juice and vegan chocolate to this recipe was a total game changer!
Cool Fact: This vegan coconut ice-cream contains no dairy products and you don’t need an ice cream maker to make this cost-effective ice cream.
Now that all the stress has been taken away, shall we make this recipe?😊
Vegan coconut ice cream
- 200 ml coconut yogurt
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 50 ml coconut oil
- 50 g coconut flakes
- 50 g coconut slices
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 250 g vegan white chocolate
- Pour the coconut yogurt into a deep bowl, add the cooled coconut cream as well as the softened coconut oil, then pour the coconut flakes and lemon juice. If you want to further sweeten the mixture, add maple syrup or honey, but even without additional sweetening this ice cream will be perfectly sweet.
- Using a mixer, combine all the ingredients.
- Once you have a fine, thick coconut ice cream mixture, prepare a mold for ice lolys and sticks, then pour the ice cream mixture into the molds, and add the sticks.
- Allow the ice cream to cool in the freezer for 5h.
- Melt the vegan white chocolate.
- Dip ice lolys in white chocolate and immediately sprinkle with coconut flakes.
Coconut yogurt is a fantastic substitute for thick cream, sweet-sour cream, or cooking cream. You can make use of coconut yogurt when making sweet and savory dishes like smoothies, milkshakes, pies, puddings, soups.
Moreover, if you are vegan or allergic to dairy products, coconut yogurt is the perfect ingredient for making a rich and creamy ice cream without using real cream.
Health benefits of coconut
Coconut is rich in protein. In addition, it is, high in potassium, phosphorus, manganese, vitamin C, iron, zinc, and selenium. All these help the thyroid gland to function well.
Moreover, coconut contains saturated fat. They provide fats in the form of lauric acid. While in the body, lauric acid is converted into a beneficial compound called monolaurin. Monolaurin is an antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial that destroys some diseases causing organisms.
Also, coconuts are rich in plant fibers, which aids in proper digestion.
Coconut milk has an impressive macronutrient composition. It is rich in iron, magnesium, copper, potassium, selenium, zinc, folic acid, and vitamin C. Also, it contains small amounts of vitamin E, vitamin K, and B vitamins.
I hope you make this vegan coconut ice-cream soon! Cheers!
- What do you think about an ice-cream that contains no diary products? This vegan almond ice-cream will get the job done for you.
- Try this vegan frozen raspberry ice-cream and gluten-free ice-cream
- Make this healthy and nutritious vegan avocado pasta and tofu scramble.
- Get creative with vegan cavatappi pasta and vegan noodle soup