I have a confession to make: I am addicted to raspberries. Would you blame me? It’s hard to resist the beautiful colors, intense flavor, and sweet juicy taste of raspberries!
Due to how much I love raspberries, I get very creative with them. So, I always try different raspberry recipes. Mind-blowing ones, of course!
I made this vegan frozen raspberries yogurt bar recipe with vanilla extract. Also, I paired it with raisins and hazelnuts to get a smooth and creamy flavor. The hazelnuts gave this recipe a perfect crunchy taste.
Let’s make this recipe!
Vegan Frozen Raspberries Yogurt Bars
For the crust
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
For the yogurt layer
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup raw dates
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put all the crust ingredients in a food processor and grind until it forms into a sticky dough.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and transfer to a mold or baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- You may need to press with your fingers to set the crust and give it its final shape. Put the bark away.
- Put the yogurt ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking tray and spread over the crust.
- Freeze for 5 hours or overnight.
- Defrost at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
I love this healthy vegan bar recipe because it can be enjoyed any time of the day. More so, I love to make this vegan frozen raspberry yogurt every saturday morning while listening to El Sheeran’s Perfect. ?I can be such an old soul sometimes!
I used raspberries to make this recipe, however, you can replace them with your favorite berries. I am sure it will come out perfect just like this one!
Health benefits of raspberries
Raspberries have an irresistible taste. They grow best in hilly and mountainous places and regions with cool and humid climates.
Good for diabetics
A cup of raspberries contains 8 grams of fiber. Firstly, fibers are effective in lowering blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood sugar. Secondly, raspberries contain a little amount of sugar compared to other fruits. Thus, this makes them less likely to raise your blood sugar level.
Prevents certain diseases
Raspberries contain high amounts of antioxidants. These antioxidants play a vital role in protecting cells from damage by free radicals.
What are free radicals? They are unstable atoms that can injure your cells. In addition, some of the damages these free radicals cause have been linked to arthritis, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, and more.
Raspberries contain vitamin C, and Vitamin C is important for collagen production. The body needs collagen to keep the skin healthy.
Raspberries contain a high amount of potassium, vitamin A and calcium. They also contain about 50% of the recommended daily dose of vitamin C.
These fruits are also my favorites because they contain no fat, sodium, or cholesterol and they are a good source of iron and folate.
How to Store Raspberries
Raspberries soften quickly, so you are better off buying only little quantities. Blueberries and strawberries can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. However, less hearty berries like blackberries and gooseberries can only be stored for 3-5 days.
Also, berries can stay fresh for 3 to 5 days when stored at room temperature.
I hope you make this frozen vegan raspberries yogurt soon!
- You don’t need an ice cream maker to prepare this vegan coconut ice-cream.
- Try this nutricious vegan almond ice-cream.
- This vegan avocado pasta may become your favourite meal after trying it.
- Want something trendy? Go for this vegan cavatappi pasta.
- Wondering if brown rice is vegan? Check this out: Is brown rice vegan?
- This brown rice spaghetti with oregano and olive sauce is healthy, colourful and filling. It takes just 30 minutes and you will have this nourishing meal right in front of you.
- Making this brown rice pasta isn’t rocket science, you can get it ready in a few minutes with easy instructions.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.