Wow, it is time to have Vegan Noodle soup with Silken Tofu that involves straightforward steps and simple ingredients to give you a final look. It is a famous Asian cuisine, and that only takes 20 to 25 minutes without any fatigue. So, to make your cold evenings warm and enjoyable, add this to your menu to make your time comfortable.
Vegan Noodle Soup with Silken Tofu Recipe
Vegan Noodle Soup with Silken Tofu‘s main ingredients
- 6 Cups Vegetable broth
- 6 Ounces Noodles
- 12 Ounces Tofu
- 1 tsp Hot sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cooking oil ( a little bit)
Prepare the vegetable stock
- Select the vegetables you want to add to your soup. Wash the vegetables and cut the vegetables into cubes, and put them into boiling water. Right now, I am selecting bok choy and mushrooms for the soup. Boil them till they are tender and set them aside.
Stir fry garlic and ginger
- The second step while making this soup is preparing the broth for it. Fry the ginger and garlic in a significantly less amount of oil until they become fragrant. When they are done, add spring onion and spinach in the oil along with ginger and garlic and fry just a little bit. Now add vegetable stock to it. After adding the vegetable stock, add the sauces*(soy sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, salt if required, black pepper).
Boil the Noodles
- Boil water in a large container or pan, and when it starts boiling, pour noodles in it. Boil them for a maximum of 3 to 5 minutes. ( check the noodles. When they are tender, take them out). Drain the water out from the noodles and rinse the hot boiled noodles with cold water. Repeat this step two times to thoroughly rinse them.
Add noodles into broth
- Add the boiled noodles into the prepared broth and at the end, add the baked tofu in it.
- Add silken tofu to the mixture
- At the end, when everything is ready, add the silken tofu into the soup and cook for a while, like 2 to 3 minutes maximum, as silken tofu does not require much cooking time.
- In the end, sprinkle a pinch of black sesame seeds to give it a final touch
Your low-calorie and healthy soup are ready to serve. Enjoy it with your family and make your hard times cozy.
Health benefits of soup
It is a soup that anyone can enjoy whether he is vegan or not. The health benefits of this soup are unmourned. This low-calorie soup makes you healthy with the enriched source of iron and calcium (Tofu has a significant amount of them).
For cholesterol control, this soup can be added to the daily routine menu as tofu helps reduce the cholesterol level in the body.
Noodles are also low in calories, and you can have them as much as you want without worrying about weight gain. But noodles are soft in fibres. Here is the balance in this recipe
As you are adding vegetables with noodles and vegetables are rich in protein and fibres. So this whole cuisine balanced in terms of ingredients and nutrients, and health benefits.
For this recipe, I am using two vegetables.
- Bok Choy
Bok Choy is rich in vitamin C and helps your body to absorb iron and assist you in preventing iron deficiencies.
Mushrooms are again very rich in fibers and are a rich source of protein. They help in preventing major health issues like heart problems and diabetes, and cancer. So, they provide you protection against diseases.
For weight loss purposes:
The most prominent thing about this soup is it helps you to reduce your weight healthily. This soup is significant for the weight loss journey and if you are diet conscious and want to lose weight, then make it your diet plan. All of the ingredients are low in calories, like vegetables and tofu, and you can have maximum ingredients from it while avoiding fats and other unhealthy things.
It is recommended to use vegetable oil (of any brand) in the soup, and some seasoned oil as this makes the soup more delicious and gives more flavor to the broth.
Tips to have the best soup for the very first time:
You can adopt the following information to make your soup excellent for the very first time.
- Try to have whole grain noodles rather than while grain spaghetti as noodles is thinner than spaghetti, and you can boil them in no time.
- Try to use dried mushrooms in your soup, as this will enhance the taste of your soup.
Tips to have soup in significantly less time:
By following some steps, you can make this soup more quickly. Try to adopt them.
- Use canned mushrooms if you want to save time.
- You can use the canned vegetables to make your soup.
- Try to boil the noodles and vegetables in separate pots at the same time.
So, with these easy tips, you can easily make it whenever you crave fibers and healthy soup.
Just remember to make a little bit of extra soup every time as your family will definably demand for the second or even their bowl of soup. So, be ready to tackle this situation.
We would love to know your opinion about this recipe of Vegan Noodle Soup with Silken Tofu. So give your idea about this colorful soup and leave your comment.