Going Vegan has become a trend these days. In the previous years, we knew very few people who were vegans. However, the percentage is increasing slowly and gradually as more people are saying goodbye to non-vegan diets. People did not have many options in food when they shifted towards veganism, but now people are discovering new things every day. One such example is of these Vegan Pastries.
As we move into the world of veganism, we’re exploring new dishes to make every day. These dishes make us full, give us the energy that is needed, and satisfy our non-vegan cravings.
Why Do People Go Vegan?
We Meat lovers are always confused about why people go vegan when there are so many delicious meats to eat in the world. Well, for starters following are the three main reasons;
- To support animal rights and to prevent the slaughtering
- Vegan diet is healthier
- To support environment
People who have come across any of the above concerns usually go vegan because they can’t tolerate animal slaughter anymore, and some just shifted because of the health benefits.
Benefits of Going Vegan
As I mentioned, many people go vegan because of the numerous health benefits it offers. Undoubtedly, vegetables are the blessing of nature for us. Following are some of the benefits of going Vegan;
- A vegan diet is highly rich in various nutrients essential for our body
- Helps you lose weight in a healthy way
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Improves kidney function
- Vegan diets protect against cancers
- Lower risk of heart problems
- Reduces arthritis pains
What Are Vegan Pastries?
Vegans have always been playing around with various flavors to replicate the taste of non-vegan foods such as Meat, Milk, Chicken, desserts, and much more. As a result, we have seen endless copies of non-vegan dishes turn vegans such as the Lasagna, Burger Patties, the recent experiment of Vegan Chicken, and much more. Isn’t it fascinating?
However, getting desserts to taste good without milk, eggs, and other non-vegan ingredients was certainly a challenge. Nevertheless, we can successfully say that we now have endless vegan desserts that we can choose from.
Vegan pastries are a result of all the experimenting and hard work in the kitchen. Have you ever made and ate a Chocolate Cake with Avocados? If you have, I am sure wouldn’t have felt the difference in the taste.
All your favorite Pastries, Pies, and Desserts are now plant-based, and you can finally satisfy your soul with these mouth-watering desserts without feeling the guilt.
Vegan Substitutes For Pastries
Now that we are thoroughly familiar with the concept of veganism and why people opt for that. Let’s discuss how can we enjoy delightful desserts while being vegan. Eggs, Heavy Cream, and Milk are the most used animal-based ingredients in parties and other desserts; and here are some of the substitutes that vegans can use as alternatives to animal-based products;
Substitute for Eggs
- Silken Tofu: Silken Tofu is a great substitute to add in baked goods in place of Eggs. They give out the same results to your Vegan pastries as Egg would give to a non-vegan one.
- Mashed bananas: Mashed Bananas are another great substitute for Eggs in your baked dishes. They not only keep your Vegan Pastries moist but also add a nice flavor to them.
- Aquafaba: Aquafaba is another great substitute for eggs in baked dishes. You get this cloudy liquid from the tins of Chickpeas.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are widely used as Egg replacemnt in many Vegan pastries and other desserts. If you can find anything else, Chia seeds might be your safest option.
Substitutes for Heavy Cream
- Coconut Cream Milk: Coconut Cream Milk is the best option to use as a substitute for Heavy Cream in Vegan Pastries. It can whip up easily as well.
- Tofu and Soy Milk: Tofu and Soy Milk together make a perfect substitute for Heavy Cream. Mix both, and you will get a smooth liquid paste that would be perfect to use in Vegan Pastries. However, this does not whip well.
Substitute for Milk
- Almond Milk: Almond Milk is thick and highly nutritious, which makes it a perfect substitute for Milk in making Vegan pastries
- Coconut Milk: Coconut Milk is another great option for using when making Vegan pastries. It is thick, has a creamy texture, and helps keep your baked goods moist.
- Oat Milk: Oat Milk is best for baking Vegan tarts and cookies. It is grainy and thick, making it perfect for crunchier desserts.
- Want to try some delicious desserts? Go for, Peanut Butter Pie recipe, Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie recipe, Almond Sweet Cream Pie recipe
- Or looking for some appetizing dinner recipes? Here they are, Salmon Souffle Recipe, Yard House Lettuce Wraps, Teriyaki Salmon Recipe, Vegan Avocado Pasta, Creamy Curry Penne Pasta
I hope you enjoy making your Vegan pastries. Let me know how these tips turned out for you in the comments section below.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.