Surround yourself with pizza, not negativity.
When you are an avid pizza lover and all your friends are opting for a healthier, plant-based lifestyle you have no option but to jump on the bandwagon with them.
However, it is not easy to let all the meaty goodness go from your life. So next time you want a vegan alternative for meat, I recommend you to try silken tofu in your pizzas!
Vegan Pizza with Spinach, Olive and Silken Tofu
- 4-6 Oz firm or silken tofu and chop into ½ inch cubes
- ½ Cup Sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ Cup Boiled spinach
- ½ Cup Olives
- ¼ Cup Vegan sausages (optional)
- ½ Cup Green bell pepper
- ½ Cup Red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 Dash of your favorite seasoning (I will go for dried Italiano)
- ½ tsp Mixed herbs
- ½ tsp Dried oregano
- ½ can refrigerate or store-bought thin pizza crust
- ¼ Cup BBQ or plain pizza sauce, but I made my own
- ¼ Cup Sautéed and diced cherry tomatoes
- ½ Onion, cut into thin slices
- ½ Cup Shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
For pizza sauce:
- Passata or ketchup
- Tomato Puree
- Black pepper
- Some BBQ sauce(optional)
- Garlic Granules
- Take a bowl and mix silken tofu with mushroom, oil, oregano, salt, and Italian seasoning. Cover and set aside. (You can put this in the refrigerator for about half an hour).
- Place the oven rack to the lowest position and heat the oven to 360 degrees.
- Take a pizza pan and spray it with oil or use a cooking spray.
- Takeout the pizza crust or dough and unroll it on the pan evenly. Spread it with your fingers at the edges. Bake for 8-10 minutes to get it nice and golden brown.
- Take it out of the oven, spread the pizza sauce, toss in the marinated tofu and mushrooms after discarding any liquid.
- Place the spinach, olives, and all other veggies and top them up with the cheesy goodness.
- Bake for around 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts, and then it is time to dig in!
Recipe to make pizza sauce from scratch (you can use the store-bought one; no judgments here!)
- Just add in all the ingredients and mix well!
Say pizza, and everyone in the family will come running to the table; just do not say “vegan” until they try it!
Vegan Silken Tofu Pizza; A slice a day, keep the sadness away!
Give the bland and boring nature of tofu; it might not be a “love at first sight affair” but rather “take some time to understand it” kind of relationship.
Tofu has many forms; it can be firm or soft, and silken in texture. It adds liveliness to your vegan pizza, making it healthier and flavorful with a plethora of health benefits.
But, wait, not so fast.
Cooking with silken tofu is an art, and not everybody is an artist. But with the recipe I have perfected for you, you can craft the silken tofu in a pizza with low calories and extravagant in taste, that all your vegan friends will fall head over heels for!
Vegan Pizza with spinach, olive and silken tofu- The nutritional and caloric value
Next time someone stops you from eating pizza for breakfast because it is unhealthy, tell them to get their hands on silken tofu.
We have always heard that pizza is bad for health and you cannot have it in your daily routine, but that never lowered our love for it because where there is a will, there is a way! If we cannot lower our cravings for it, we can lower the calories and all the unhealthiness in it with the recipe I have brought for you, for sure!
Silken tofu is low in bad cholesterol and saturated fats but a great source of proteins. Hence, you can eat it all you want without the fear of gaining weight. Moreover, vegan silken tofu pizza is also rich in vitamins, magnesium and iron therefore it is not only flavorful but healthy too.
It is just around 80kCal per slice!
Can you pair up the Vegan Silken Tofu with other things?
If you are a pizza lover like me, you would know we can eat pizza with anything at any time and it will always be tasty!
Nevertheless, if you have already decided to be healthie, why not add some extra flavors and pair your vegan pizza with BBQ sauce, baked beans, and even a salad.
Can you store the Vegan Silken Tofu Pizza?
I love my pizza cold, and I bet many of you do, but warming it up would be great too.
I will swap a cold slice of vegan pizza sitting in my refrigerator with an unhealthy option any time. Vegan Pizza made with spinach, olive, and silken tofu can stay good in your fridge for 2 weeks and in the freezer for a month.
Tips to make your Vegan Silken Tofu Pizza even better:
- If you are making your pizza crust then, great! However, if you are taking the easy route like me and opting for a store-bought pizza crust, go for a thin one. It will be less in calories and more in crispiness.
- Silken tofu will give a creamy texture to your pizza, but if you want the pizza to be chewier, you can go for a firm or even extra-firm tofu.
Invite your vegan friends over!
Pizza is not unhealthy; the choices you make are!
With the vegan silken tofu pizza so never parent ever denies their kids when they demand fast food. For you, I have perfected the basic recipe. You can alter it as much as you like and as less as you want. Just make sure that you stick to only two things; “vegan” and “silken tofu!”
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.