What’s a food party without a good dip? You guessed it, bland and incredibly boring. A nice tasty dip is always a hit on the table. I mean, who can resist dipping a chip into that creamy flavorful goodness and munch on it as they wait for the mains. So instead of getting store bought ones, why not whip a dip yourself? This is the Velveeta Spinach Dip recipe!
A good reason to incorporate this dip into your menu is that it’s incredibly easy to make! Not only is it super simple to make, but it also tastes great.
Velveeta Spicy Spinach Dip Recipe
- 10 oz frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 lb original Velveeta, cut into cubes
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes (I used Philadelphia, you can use any)
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies (I used Ro*tel)
- 3 chopped jalapenos (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chopped spinach in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 5 mins
- Once your spinach has wilted, add both the cubed cheeses, tomatoes, and green chilies, along with jalapenos (if using)
- Stir to combine
- Microwave again for 5 mins or until both the cheeses have melted
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Stir until smooth and blended
- Pour into your serving dish
- Serve with chips, baked pita bread, bell peppers, celery, and whatever else you like
Tips for this recipe
- This dip is good for up to 2 hours at room temperature if making ahead make sure to refrigerate it
- You can also make this dip using different varieties of the Velveeta
- For a spicier variant, use Jalapeno Velveeta
- To make half the quantity, cut ingredients by half and reduce the cooking time
Yes, that’s actually how simple it is to whip up this delicious dip within minutes! If you eat it with vegetables or air-fried chips, it might as well constitute a healthy snack (considering your portion control!).
It’s creamy, cheesy, a little spicy, and a whole lot flavorful. It’s great as an appetizer at parties or for those game nights when you need a little something extra.
Things You Can Pair This Dip With
This dip tastes incredibly good on its own so it’s no surprise if you want to sneak in spoonfuls. However, here are some things you can pair it with:
- Some toasted pita bread
- Tortilla chips
- Try it with vegan chips
- Savory crackers
- Fried chicken
- Dairy-based dips such as this one are best eaten fresh. Make it 2 hours ahead of eating time
- It’s ideal to refrigerate the dip before serving
- It can last for up to 2-4 days in the refrigerator if kept in an air-tight container
- Freezing this dip is not recommended, or any other dip with cheese content
- If the dip changes odor, flavor, or color – it has probably gone bad and it’s best to discard it
If you like dips, you might like our recipe for other dips as well such as this ranch-style dip. You can add some spice to your snacks with the Tex-Mex dip or something light like hummus.
It’s time to say goodbye to boring old store-bought dips loaded with sugar and preservatives. Simply make this super easy and quick cheese dip that tastes far better than any grocery-store gunk. Here are some more healthy appetizer options.
When it comes to dips, they all taste good, especially if they’re made using VELVEETA®. If you’ve been living under a rock, Velveeta is a processed American cheese that’s smoother and softer than the usual American cheese.
While you might be tempted to buy one of those pre-made dips from the supermarket, please don’t. That stuff is loaded with God knows what and no one knows how fresh it is. Why risk it?!
Instead, if you go to the supermarket, pick up some Velveeta and make your own delicious spinach and cheese dip!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.