Who doesn’t love peanut butter (unless you’re allergic)? It’s delicious and easy to whip up on toast, with your oatmeal or just sneaking in a cheeky spoonful. It’s a breakfast staple in many households.
How To Make Vitamix Peanut Butter
To make the Vitamix peanut butter, all you’ll need is the Vitamix blender and some peanuts (obviously). If you don’t have the Vitamix blender, then any trusty food processor will work just fine. Contrary to its name, the Vitamix Peanut butter doesn’t contain any butter. It only requires one main ingredient and that’s (you guessed it) peanuts! The Vitamix Peanut Butter is extremely easy to make and takes only a few minutes to prepare.
Vitamix Peanut Butter Recipe
- 2 cups peanuts roasted, unsalted and shelled
- 1 tsp Himalayan or Sea Salt add to taste
For optional flavors
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maca powder
- Put the peanuts into the Vitamix Blender, add the salt and place the lid
- Switch the blender on at low speed, gradually increasing it after a few seconds (approx 1 minute) and cranking it up to high speed
- The peanuts will begin to break down and look crumbly
- Hold down the tamper to push the peanuts towards the blades
- The blended peanuts will start to firm up
- Now is the best time to add any optional ingredients
- If you prefer a chunkier peanut butter, turn off the blender while you can still see some lumps. Continue to blend if you want a smooth buttery consistency
- After a minute the sound of the machine will convert from high pitched whirring to a lower hum, that's your queue to know that your peanut butter is ready
- Scrape the edges of the blender with a spatula
- Pour your concoction into an airtight jar and refrigerate
- Roasted, salted peanuts can be used as a substitute
- Peanut butter in a sealed jar can be stored at room temperature for upto 2 weeks, whereas refrigeration will prolong it to 6 weeks(approximately)
- To clean your Vitamix, scoop out all the remaining peanut butter. Pour in some water and dishwashing liquid, remember to secure the lid. Power up your Vitamix and let it blend the soapy water for a minute, this will help clean out any crevices you were unable to reach. Turn off the blender and pour out the water, give the blender one last rinse
Even though regular peanut butter is a rich and flavorful condiment, there’s a catch…
Most store-bought peanut butter comes with preservatives, additives, and sugar, which doesn’t really spell out healthy. Processed peanut butter may contain trans fats and vegetable oil as well. These have been linked to an increased risk of heart disease.
With this recipe, you can whip up a batch of your own peanut butter at home. You can maintain your health and still enjoy the creamy and delicious texture of peanut butter! It will taste just as delicious along with the added benefits of lesser calories, no sugar, or preservatives.
Here Are Some Additional Nut Based Recipes
- A nut based twist on the traditional Almond Burfi
- Prepare an appetizing dessert with our Almond Custard Recipe
- Try Almond Croissant Puff Pastry for a Parisian Breakfast
- Snack on some Almond Cookie Crisps on the weekends
- Make Tea Time healthier with our Cherry Almond Biscotti Recipe
Here’s How To Enjoy Your Peanut Butter
Believe it or not but celery with peanut butter makes an unorthodox combination, but it’s good, we promise! Make sure to check it out! If you’re in the mood for some chicken, the best combo would be to go for Almond Chicken Butter. Although it didn’t originate in France, we still love to eat French Toast and pretend we’re chic. If you want to go for something light, why not try making some Hummus! It goes great with peanut butter and bread, don’t ponder, try it!
If you’re allergic to peanut butter but still want to enjoy a good toast with a condiment? Here’s our Tomato Bruschetta recipe! Pile it up on your toast and imagine you’re in Rome! However, don’t let the tomato fantasy fool you into eating french fries! They are not gluten free, learn why they’re not.
Make sure to give this recipe a try and when you do, let us know how it turned out! Happy blending!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.