Few proteins come close to the nutritious benefits and taste levels of Salmon. When paired with a sauce and side dish, you can elevate the flavors of this Walnuts.org Salmon with Asian Walnut Slaw recipe to a whole new level!
Salmon with Asian Walnut Slaw is a blend between health benefits and flavors. It’s a quick and easy recipe requiring everyday ingredients so you don’t have to run to the store to prepare.
The very thought of this dish is salivating, so let’s begin.
Salmon with Asian Walnut Slaw Recipe
For the marinade
- 3 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1.5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 fillets salmon (4 – 6oz each)
For the slaw
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped and toasted California walnuts halves
- Fresh cilantro leaves, torn
- In a rectangular shallow dish, mix the chili sauce, teriyaki sauce and rice vinegar
- Set aside 2 tablespoons for later use
- Place the salmon in the dish, letting it marinate for 30 minutes
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the cabbage, green onions, carrots and half of the walnuts
- Drizzle the marinade sauce over the veggies
- Place it in the fridge till plating
- Turn on your grill at medium to high heat
- Grill your marinated salmon for 4 to 5 minutes or until the fish starts to flake
- Once done, remove the salmon from grill
- In a separate platter place your grilled salmon
- Place the slaw on the platter
- Decorate your dish with leftover walnuts and cilantro
- You can double up the slaw ingredients, add in some lettuce leaves and you have yourself a Walnut Salad
- Don’t overcook your Salmon, pay attention to the edges and the top, when they start to brown it indicates that your Salmon is ready
- Always buy fresh produce, they will give a better tasting meal and you can store them for longer
And there you have it! A beautiful and healthy meal to share with your loved ones!
If you feel like the chili sauce in the marinade doesn’t go with your taste you can substitute Gluten-Free BBQ sauce instead. You can pair this dish with several delicious sides.
Why not try out these side dishes to enhance this already yummylicious recipe!
- A carbs-based side dish like Gluten-Free Pita bread can balance out all the flavors
- Add a hint of Italy to your Asian slaw with Tomato Bruschetta, for a zesty tang
- Hummus as a dip will impart a heightened level of flavor
- Slicing up your salmon and plating it with Brown Rice Ramen will give you the full Asian experience
- Cauliflower and Kale is a versatile side dish and goes with just about any main dish
- Similarly, Silken Tofu with Cauliflower also pairs well
Ultimately your preference depends on your taste palate so go for the one that suits you best!
More Salmon Recipes
You can’t stop at just one Salmon recipe. Try some more recipes before you decide your favorite. If you want to go out and have fun with your friends, make sure to try these Gluten-Free Gin. Add flavor with some fruit to your Salmon with the Apple Salmon Recipe. Fish always goes nice with rice so if you’re craving rice with your Salmon, try the Pan-Seared Salmon with Herbed Brown Rice. Or, simply make some Baked Salmon Rolls.
- We already know that Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acid. They help in keeping our heart and arteries healthy
- Since Omega-3s are essential fatty acids they have the added benefit of helping in controlling weight loss. These fats help regulate nervous and hormonal functioning
- Salmon contains Vitamin B which helps in maintaining the brain and nervous systems
- Research has shown that Salmon is high in anti-inflammatory nutrients and can help in treating chronic illnesses
- Walnuts also have Omega-3s called alpha-Linolenic acid( the plant-based version)
- Eating walnuts can help in maintaining weight by keeping the tummy satiated, thus preventing bingeing
- Walnuts have antioxidants that help in preventing atherosclerosis
- Walnuts have been shown to help in aging by delaying age-related cognitive impairments
With so many benefits to both salmon and walnuts, you have to give this Walnuts.org Salmon with Asian Walnut Slaw Recipe a try! When you do, us me know how it went!