I love to eat (who doesn’t?!) but I’m not the biggest fan of cooking. Making dinner can be a chore sometimes, one that I’d love to procrastinate if it didn’t mean going to sleep hungry. If you too are not big on meal prep, it’s time to give something easy and simple a try. This is where the Wegmans Teriyaki Salmon recipe comes in!
Wegmans Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
- 4 fresh salmon fillets
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 20 oz mushrooms (optional)
- 1 whole green or red pepper, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine mushrooms (if adding), pepper, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper to taste
- Toss ingredients together
- Season both sides of all salmon fillets with salt and pepper
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or grill pan on medium to high
- Add the olive oil to the pan and let it heat up
- Place the salmon on the pan, skin side down
- Arrange your vegetables and teriyaki sauce concoction around the salmon
- Cover the pan
- Reduce the heat
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until salmon changes color from pink to opaque
- Serve while warm!
Tips for this recipe
- You can also make this recipe in the oven. Simply preheat your oven to 230C.
- Prepare the veggies and the salmon the same way, just place everything together in your baking dish and bake for about 15 or until salmon is cooked
- You can also add onions, spinach, and other vegetables to this recipe
- You can also make this recipe with chicken or tofu if you don’t like salmon
- This recipe is gluten-free. However, make sure that you’re using gluten-free teriyaki sauce as some of them may contain wheat. Learn more about a gluten-free lifestyle right here!
And there you have it, within 30 minutes you have a flavorful nutritious meal on the table, and you didn’t even have to compromise on the health aspect of things!
Side Dish Ideas
The best part is that you can serve this dish with other items as well. Even though it goes well on its own, I find it goes really well with some herbed brown rice. Make sure to try out Quinoa Brown Rice Recipe. If you’re in the mood for something healthy, it’ll also be good with a salad. If you want more serving ideas, try serving this salmon with this delicious noodles recipe. Cauliflower and Kale is also a dish that compliments everything.
Salmon is my go-to when it comes to making quick, healthy but filling recipes! One of my favorite things about making salmon, it requires minimum ingredients and seasoning yet still tastes great! And it’s loaded with nutrients! Hopefully you’ll enjoy my take on Wegmans teriyaki salmon recipe.
I know, cooking can get even more difficult when you’re committed to eating healthy! You can’t just order fast food or pizza and call it a day. Even though it can be strongly tempting.
To cut it short, it can be quite a challenge to whip up a healthy dinner in a short time, without doing a lot of effort.
Tips to Buy Good Salmon
The key to cooking great-tasting fish is making sure that it’s fresh! The same goes for salmon. Here are some tips to make sure you always buy the freshest salmon:
- Buy from renowned places or brands. Wegmans stocks some great fish
- Fresh salmon will look pink to dark pink in color. Different varieties of salmon can look different degrees of pink but as long as it has that supple color, it’s good. Salmon with brown or gray spots or blemishes has probably gone bad and is best avoided
- Fresh salmon should smell like the ocean rather than a pungent smell causing you to hold it away from your face
- Keep it in a cooler on your ride home
- Don’t keep your salmon outside the refrigerator for more than 2 hours
- Fish is best eaten fresh, so only buy as much as you intend on cooking that particular day
More Quick Healthy Recipe Ideas
Salmon shouldn’t be your only option when it comes to putting a healthy dinner on the table. Here are some of my other go-to quick dinner recipes that are healthy yet delicious!
- A super filling, super flavorful Thai chili quinoa and chickpea bowl
- Healthy yet equally delicious Alfredo pasta with vegetables
- These instant pot chicken wings
- Super nutritious tofu scramble
- A wholesome bowl of ramen
Do try this recipe and let me know how you like it. Happy healthy eating!