Are you also obsessed with Salmon? And why wouldn’t you be, it’s such a good source of Omega-3s in addition to the lean meat being easy to cook. I’ve been looking for a different way to cook it so, lo and behold! I came across this Weight Watchers salmon patties recipe that perfectly fit my requirements.
Salmon patties are easy to make as you can prepare them several days before. And not to mention you can freeze the uncooked patties as well.
Without further ado, let’s begin!
Weight Watchers Salmon Patties Recipe
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions uncooked
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper uncooked
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 chopped celery stalk
- 1/4 cup horseradish sauce (OR ¼ cup light mayonnaise)
- 1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425°F
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper, arrange fillets on it
- Pat the fillets dry with a paper towel and season them with salt and pepper
- Bake the fish for 12 to 15 minutes or until the color turns opaque
- Remove the tray from the oven and separate the skin and bones from the salmon
- Place your baked salmon in a large bowl and flake it with a fork, preferably into medium-sized pieces
- Add onions, bell pepper, hot sauce, and lemon juice into the salmon mixture
- Mix all the ingredients
- You can add any optional ingredients like celery, horseradish sauce, light mayonnaise, or cayenne pepper
- Fold in the egg and flour, they help keep the mixture firm and prevent it from crumbling
- Press the mixture into 4 patties, at least 1 inch thick
- Cover the patties with any leftover bread crumbs
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- In a large non-stick pan or skillet, melt the butter to cover the pan
- Fry the patties till crispy or golden brown, flip them over after a couple of minutes
- Remove from heat and plate with a favorite side dish and dip
- We recommend using only fresh ingredients, especially fresh Salmon, it makes for a juicer patty
- Ensure that you fry the patty to perfection, don't overcook as it will make the patty hard and chewy
And that’s it! You’ve just made a Weight Watchers Salmon Patty! Simply delicious, enjoy it with a dip, salad, or wedges! In fact, you can make this recipe even healthier by substituting horseradish sauce and mayonnaise for gluten-free ones like Cauliflower Cream Sauce, Silken Tofu Ranch, or BBQ Sauce.
The Weight Watchers Salmon Patties Recipe is an easy dish to incorporate into your everyday meals. It compliments almost every side dish. If you want a spicier meal, have the patties alongside Spicy Thai Chili Quinoa and Chickpea Bowl.
If you’ve ever had a shadow of a doubt that brown rice isn’t vegan, read our blog post, after being persuaded (we’re very convincing) make sure to try out Quinoa Brown Rice Recipe. Indian Brown Rice also makes for a wonderful side dish. Looking for the goodness of brown rice and pasta then try the low-carbs Brown Rice Quinoa Pasta. If all of the above recommendations fail then Cauliflower and Kale is here to save the day, it’s a dish that compliments everything.
More Salmon Recipes
Try our wide variety of Salmon Recipes:
- Try Valerie Bertinelli’s very own Salmon Recipe
- A quick and easy dinner with Walmart Salmon
- Walnut Crusted Salmon, a fancier dish for the weekends
- If you prefer a fresh crispy salad with your fish, try Salmon with Asian Walnut Slaw
- Lastly, if you want to go all out for dinner, pull out the cedar plank for Grilled Cedar-Plank Salmon
It’s best to store the unfried patties, as fried patties may become mushy. You can store the patties in an airtight container or cover a plate with clear wrap. You can refrigerate or freeze them for 3 weeks.
The health benefits of salmon are numerous and well known. It’s rich in omega-3s thus making it good for our heart and vessels. It’s also great for the brain and nervous system along with maintaining weight.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.