- What Does Passion Fruit Taste Similar To?
- What Does Passion Fruit Look Like?
- What Does Passion Fruit Juice Taste Like?
- What Does Passion Fruit Smell Like?
“What does passion fruit taste like? If you haven’t tried this round/oval shape fruit and have this question in your mind, this article is for you, as we will be discussing everything you need to know from taste to nutrition, to the best uses of this divine treat.
Passion fruit is native to Southern Brazil, northern Argentina, and Paraguay. However, you can find it worldwide in tropical and subtropical regions. Passion fruit grows well in hot climates. In Hawaii, it is available all over the year.
What Does Passion Fruit Taste Like?
Passion fruit is a sweet and citrusy/tarty tropical fruit. Its taste can be referred to as the citrus family fruits such as oranges, lemon, etc. However, it’s unique and can not be compared exactly to any fruits including citrus family, kiwi, pineapple, or peach.
The most common passion fruit is a dark purple from the outside and yellow from the inside, small in size, and has an oval/round shape. It has a thick waxy rind that wrinkles when passion fruit ripens. Inside is the pulp of juicy and crunchy seeds.
Different Uses of Passion Fruit
Cut the passion fruit and scope out the juicy flesh and seeds. Then, eat it, and you will enjoy its raw taste. But you can use passion fruit in more ways than simply eating raw and drinking its juice.
Passion fruit tastes great in a salad. With it, you can add peaches, mango, strawberries, and bananas to fruit salads. Passion fruit sauce goes perfect with chicken, fish, or shrimp and makes them delicious with its unique flavor.
It is used in desserts like pies, syrups, cocktails, and much more. In addition, people enjoy its topping on ice cream.
Passion fruit is a great ingredient to be added to both non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks.
How to Store Passion Fruit?
Passion fruit is usually available year-round. But it is abundant in summer. If you want to store passion fruit, keep it in the vegetable or crisper drawer of your fridge. In this way, they will last approximately one week. You can also freeze its juice and pulp.
Health Benefits of Passion Fruit
- Passion fruit contains Polyphenol. It has antioxidant properties and is a great source of dietary fiber
- It is high in Vitamin C and helps our immune system work optimally. A one-cup serving of passion fruit juice provides 50% of your daily need for this vitamin
- Passion fruit has flavonoids lutein and zeaxanthin that can decrease your risk of developing macular degeneration
- It is low in fats and high in Vitamin A, Amino Acids, Antioxidants, micronutrients, and carbohydrates
- Passion fruit is a great energy booster. It has Calcium, Iron, Potassium, and Vitamins B12 and E
- The medium size passion fruit has 2g sugar. The sugar in passion fruit is a perfect source of pre-workout fuel
Tips to Buy Passion Fruit
There are a few tips to follow if you have decided to try this heavenly fruit.
- Choose the passion fruit in dark purple or yellow skin
- The green passion fruit is unripe. If you have bought the unripe fruit, leave it on the counter for 3-7 days. It will be self-ripe
- Always choose the heavy passion fruit because it has plenty of juice and moisture inside. It should not be hard in hold but firm. Shake it and if you feel liquid or pressure, take it
- Fresh passion fruit has a tropical aroma
- Avoid the passion fruit with bruising, discoloration, or any sign of decay
- You can easily find it in Summer. But it is available all over the year in a few supermarkets and grocery stores
- You can store this fruit in the freezer for a long time freshness
We hope this article will answer your query on “what does passion fruit taste like?” Passion fruit is not just a blend of tangy-sweet flavors, but it is a pack of nutrients as well.
What Does Passion Fruit Taste Similar To?
Passion fruit has a unique tangy and sweet taste, and it doesn’t not directly similar to any other fruit. However, kiwi and pineapple can be the closest comparable flavors.
What Does Passion Fruit Look Like?
Passion fruit is dark purple from the outside and yellow from the inside, small in size, and has an oval/round shape.
What Does Passion Fruit Juice Taste Like?
Passion fruit juice has a citrusy flavor. You will love its tart to sweet pleasantry flavor.
What Does Passion Fruit Smell Like?
It has a tropical, tangy, little grapefruity, or somewhat fruity- floral scent. Passion fruit aroma is refreshing.
- Braided Salmon Recipe
- Yats Spinach Mushroom Etouffee Recipe
- Famous Dave Smoked Salmon Dip
- Paula Deen Salmon Croquette Recipe
- Olive Garden Herb Grilled Salmon Recipe
- Paula Deen Salmon Patties Recipes
- Outback Steakhouse Salmon Recipe – A Perfect Cuisine For You!
- Native American Salmon Recipe
- Dominican Beets Potato Salad
- Emeril Salmon Recipe
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.