Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it is the ultimate reason one gets out of bed in the morning. Biscuits, Egg and Bacon, or even a strong cup of coffee, there is nothing similar to waking up and treating yourself to something extra tasty. Breakfast just helps us take up all the challenges that life has to offer. While Egg Benedicts, Casserole, or fresh home-made French Toast excite your Southern hearts, a delicious, fresh, and rich out of oven Frittata will make you drool over your food.
What is Frittata?
Frittata is an Italian word that means ‘fried.’ It is an Italian dish similar to an omelet or scrambled eggs, with super versatile ingredients such as smoked meat, gooey melted cheese, and crispy vegetables. It is a quick and easy-to-make recipe.
I know cooking a Frittata may sound intimidating but trust me, with a few tips, you will be making a mouth-watering Frittata in just no time.
The most important thing while making your Frittata is choosing the perfect Frittata Pan.
Iron Skillets for Frittatas
When you make Frittatas, you start cooking it on the stove and end cooking in the oven; therefore, an oven-safe skillet is what I recommend. However, when it comes to cooking your eggs, you should use Cast Iron Frittata Pan. These pans are naturally non-stick and very convenient to move from the stove to the oven.
They are dishwasher friendly, usually with stainless steel handles. These Frittata Pans ensure that the heat is evenly distributed, resulting in freshly cooked food.
Why is Cast Iron Better Than Any Other Option?
What does a Cast Iron mean for your Frittata? A lot of good things!
- Get a Better Char: To begin with, cooking your Frittata, the vegetables and meat need to be cooked first. An Iron Cast Frittata Pan is certainly a confirmed ticket to a really good sear on the vegetables and meat.
- Just the Right Size: The Cast Iron Skillet comes in various sizes, but usually, an 8 or 9-inch Frittata pan is considered ideal for making your Frittata. It can easily go directly from the oven to the dining table and serve about 4 to 6 people.
- Naturally, Non-Stick: As the surface of the Cast Iron Frittata Pan is naturally non-stick, it means that you can expect your Frittata to come off the pan into your plate after cooking easily. This can be harder with a stainless steel pan as eggs tend to stick to the sides and bottom of the pan.
These handy, flat pans are of immense value, and it is extremely easy to cook in and later clean it; however, before you buy your Frittata Pan, you must know that the only drawback of Frittata Pan is that these pans are heat-sensitive. Mentioned below are the reasons;
- Frittata pans are usually non-stick pans. Instead, they are Aluminum coated, as Aluminum is a good conductor of heat, therefore, better for cooking. However, this Aluminum coated may start to break down if it is overheated. For example if the temperature rises above 500 F.
- While you may think that your pan is not being heated, did you know that if you preheat your empty Aluminum coated pan for 1.75 minutes, it can reach the temperature of 507 F? Whereas, if you preheat the same pan with 2 tbsp. of Oil for 2 minutes, its temperature rises to 517 F.
- If you cook your eggs on medium flame in an aluminum pan for 3 minutes, the temperature reaches approximately around 218 F.
Do not overheat your pan, just be careful when cooking in your new pan. Avoid making the mistake of preheating your Frittata Pan, heat your pan on low to medium flame and enjoy your pan for years.
There is nothing more ideal than the beautiful kitchen aroma in the morning. Imagine waking up to that smell and having to try some mouth-watering recipes. Mentioned below are some of the most delicious recipes;
- Wholemeal Corn Flakes
- Almond Buns
- Eggs Benedict with Spinach Recipe
- Tofu Scramble
- Tomato Bruschetta
- Classic Hummus
- Almond–Crusted French Toast
- Madeleine Recipe Almond
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.