Isn’t leftover chili just amazing? For starters, all the ingredients and spices keep on incorporating as the chili sits, intensifying its flavor. And the best bit – just heat it in the microwave or on the stove for a quick and easy read-to-go meal!
But does your inner chef sometimes ask you – what to do with leftover chili? Or maybe you’ve eaten your fair share and are now wondering how to finish the rest.
Worry not! In today’s blog, we’ll tell you some ingenious recipes that use leftover chili and will take your meals to the next level!
This recipe is an easy and delicious take on using leftover chili. Simply pour a spoonful over sausage or hotdog and top it off with cheese – it certainly is a classic!
Oven Baked Chili Cheese Dogs
- 8 Hot Dogs.
- 8 Hot Dog Buns.
- 2 cups Leftover Chili.
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese. (shredded)
- ½ Yellow Onion. or red (chopped)
- Mustard, Relish, Ketchup (or any other toppings of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Linea suitable-sized baking tray with tin or aluminum foil. Adjust the hot dog buns on the baking pan.
- Apply ketchup, mustard, and relish to the inside of each bun as per taste. Place a hot dog inside each bun.
- Add at least one-third cup of chili to each hot dog and top it off with shredded cheddar cheese and onions.
- Cover the tray with tin foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let the rest of the hotdogs for at least 5 minutes before carefully removing the foil from the top. Then, remove the hot dogs from the tray using a spatula and serve hot.
Chili and mac ‘n’ cheese qualifies as amazingly delicious comfort foods. So why not combine them and enjoy a glorious and heartening meal!
Leftover Chili Mac and Cheese
- 1 cup Dry Elbow Pasta.
- 2 cups Leftover Chili.
- ⅓ cup Cheese. (shredded)
- Boil the elbow pasta in lightly seasoned water and cook as per directions on the packet. Drain the pasta once cooked.
- Ina hot pan, toss together the pasta, leftover chili, and shredded cheese in a hot pan. Combine till all the cheese has melted and the serve hot.
This is a super healthy and super easy recipe, especially when you’ve already got the sauce ready!
Chili Stuffed Peppers
- 1 batch Chili.
- 6 large Bell Peppers.
- ½ cup Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheese. (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully slice off the tops of the bell peppers. Remove the membranes and seeds and generously fill the insides of the peppers with leftover chili. Top off with cheese.
- Put the stuffed peppers in a baking dish and bake/roast them in the oven for around 30 minutes, or till the chili starts bubbling and the peppers become soft (but not soggy).
Layered in a cheddar cheese sauce and some leftover chili, these chili cheese fries are a wholesome and delicious meal for any time of the day! Plus, they’re the perfect appetizer for hungry guests.
Chili Cheese Fries
Ingredients for Fries
- 4 Russet Potatoes. (scrubbed, sliced into wedges lengthwise)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil.
- 1 tsp Paprika.
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder.
- 1 tsp Onion Powder.
- ½ tsp Black Pepper. (ground)
- Sea Salt. (to taste)
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper.
Ingredients for Cheese Sauce
- 1½ cups Heavy Whipping Cream.
- 3 cups Cheddar. (shredded)
- 2 cups Pepper Jack. (shredded)
- ¼ tsp Salt.
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder.
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder.
- ¼ tsp Chili Powder.
- Green Onion.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Submerge the potato wedges in a bowl of water for about 15 minutes. Drain, and toss them in olive oil, onion and garlic powder, paprika, pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the wedges in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake for at least 15 minutes or till golden brown and tender.
Making Cheese Sauce
- Ina medium-sized pan, heat the heavy cream till it starts bubbling around the edges.
- Lower the heat to low and add seasonings and cheeses till all the cheese is melted.
- When serving, layout some cheese on a plate and pile the fries on top. Top with more cheese, chili, cheese sauce, and garnish with jalapeños and green onions.
Try out these easy and delicious recipes, and let us know how they turned out in the comments! And if you’re looking to add some sweetness to your chili dishes, try out these delicious desserts