I love dessert! So to say I have a sweet tooth would be an understatement. But I can’t always make dessert all the time, nor do I have a pantry full of ingredients. Luckily I got the idea (they’re rare), how about turning peanut butter into a dessert? Just adding some ingredients here and there and I came up with the whipped peanut butter recipe! It’s super easy, requires a handful of ingredients, and is low in calories too!
Sharing is caring, so come along! Let’s make yummy and sweet whipped peanut butter.
Whipped Peanut Butter Recipe
- 1 lb natural peanut butter or freshly ground peanuts
- Stevia to taste (or any other sugar substitute)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
Optional add-ins (These additional flavors can work with both methods)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp powdered cinnamon
- If you’re preparing peanut butter from scratch make about 1 pound of it
- In a deep bowl place the peanut butter and with an electric mixer start mixing it for a smoother consistency
- Add the olive oil and increase mixing speed
- Add Stevia or sweetener to taste
- Beat all the ingredients at the highest speed till the mixture is smooth and creamy
- Store in a clean container, refrigerate
- Measure out the whipping cream into a bowl
- Mix the cream till hard peaks form (stiffened peaks when you pull away from the beater)
- Add a tablespoon of creamy peanut butter (store-bought or homemade)
- Start whipping, the peanut butter will incorporate into the whipping cream
- Taste as you go (but don’t taste too much!)
- You can add any optional ingredients or more peanut butter if you want a creamier spread
- When you see the mixture is smooth, pour it into a container and put it in the fridge
- Method 2 is not Vegan or Dairy-free
- We recommend using homemade peanut butter over store-bought jars
- We recommend finishing the mixture within 10 days
- Refrigerated whipped peanut butter has a more consistent texture
The whipped peanut butter recipe is prepared and ready to serve. Well, can you eat it on its own? Yes duh? Just scoop out generous servings on a spoon and enjoy while watching Netflix. The next thing you know you’ve cleaned up an entire week’s worth of whipped peanut butter!
Not the ideal route for a low-calorie life, which is why we have mentioned some delicious sides to have with your spread below.
Other Sides to Enjoy With
Cookies taste delicious with whipped PB, try Almond Meringue Cookies and make tea time delightful. Speaking of delightful, add a dollop of the whipped PB on the Lemon and Silken Tofu Cheesecake, it tastes divine! Another dish that is complemented by a scoop of whipped peanut butter is Silken Tofu Pumpkin Pie, nothing says “its fall season” more than this combination!
A Little bit of frozen dessert never hurt anyone. Frozen Raspberry Yogurt Bars with whipped peanut butter, I’m hungry already!
You’ll never miss breakfast with Vanilla Almond Granola with a helping of whipped peanut butter. Another breakfast meal to enjoy with this recipe is Almond Croissant Puff Pastry, Parisian chic meets the American dream.
Recipes to Try Out
Peanut Butter is such a multifaceted condiment, it can be used in multiple dishes. The thought of it might ignite your sweet cravings but don’t worry! We have some more yummylicious recipes you can try out:
- Celery with Peanut Butter might sound ridiculous but it tastes amazing
- Try the Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie to feast on after dinner
- If you want to try something savory with peanut butter, try Mole Sauce with Peanut Butter
- Peanut Butter tastes great with bagels, find Gluten-Free Bagels near you
- Look for Gluten-Free Doughnuts, they might be closer than you think
Let’s go over some health benefits while we’re still here. Peanut Butter is a great source of Omega-3s and good fats. Homemade peanut butter is better than store-bought as it contains lesser amounts of calories and fats. Studies have shown that peanut butter is the healthiest among the nut butter and has shown to decrease the risk of heart and cardiovascular disease.
Unless you have no other choice but to buy peanut butter, always go for ones that contain no extra fats or sugar.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.