Do you crave sweet and salty snacks every now and then? Instead of store bought snacks, why not make them yourself! It doesn’t even require much effort. Most importantly you can choose the ingredients to add as well. Healthier options like vegan white chocolate can turn a tasty treat into a delicious toffee you can snack on without any guilt. Today I’ll show you how to make the white chocolate peanut butter cups recipe at home.
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1.5 tbsp Agave nectar
- 1 tsp salt
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners
- Melt the white chocolate chips by either the double boiler method or melt the chips in the microwave
- Melt the chips until a smooth creamy consistency is reached
- You may add any optional ingredients or Vanilla to the chocolate at this stage
- Divide the melted white chocolate into 2 separate halves
- Spoon the white chocolate mixture into the muffin tray
- Lightly drop the tray on the kitchen counter to set the chocolate
- Now scoop the creamy peanut butter over the white chocolate
- Use the other half of white chocolate we separated earlier and add it over the peanut butter, spreading it evenly
- Place the tray in the fridge and let the cups chill for 25 minutes or until the chocolate has set
- Arrange the cups on a dish of choice and sprinkle them with a condiment of preference
Notes for this recipe
- We recommend preparing your peanut butter from scratch
- If you want a completely vegan or keto-friendly recipe use Vegan sugar-free White Chocolate Chips and opt-out of adding powdered sugar, Agave Nectar, and Vegetable Oil
- For a keto variation, use Avocado oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, or MCT Oil instead of vegetable oil
- Store them in an airtight container, preferably in the fridge
And there you have it, delicious white chocolate peanut butter cups are ready! Eat them as a treat after a long hard day at work or serve them at a party, they go with everything!
More Recipes to Try
Let’s talk about peanut butter, it’s healthy and delicious. This is why you’ve got to try the Giant Peanut Butter Cookie Cake, it’s creamy and fluffy. Add peanut butter to your eggs and make Egg Rolls with Peanut Butter. If you’re craving pie, have a look at the Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie recipe, made to satisfy. Say you’re in a hurry and don’t have time to prepare a healthy lunch, then just stuff some Celery with Peanut Butter!
Some Dessert Recipes to Try
- Traditional Almond Burfi with healthy ingredients
- The Cheesecake Almond Cone is a delight everyone must try
- Nothing beats a good Mousse Pie, especially a Silken Tofu Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Have a delicious Chocolate Almond Croissant with coffee
- Cool off on a hot summer day with Vegan Coconut Icecream
Health Benefits of Chocolate
While peanut butter is widely known to be a healthy and nutritious nut butter, many people consider chocolate to be bad for health. After all, I used white chocolate in the recipe as well!
The aroma and taste of chocolate come from Flavonoids, a derivative of Cocoa Beans. These flavonoids have antioxidant activity that helps keep our hearts healthy.
Flavonoids help by:
- Maintaining cholesterol levels in the blood
- Help in maintaining weight or losing weight
- Regulate blood pressure
- Prevent blood clot formation
Even though chocolate is beneficial for health, not all chocolates have the same amount of flavonoids. Meaning, not all chocolates are healthy. Dark chocolate has the highest content of flavonoids, as it contains 35% cocoa, the rest is sugars, flavorings, and emulsifiers. Milk chocolate has more sugars and milk for texture and less cocoa meaning it’s not entirely healthy.
Lastly white chocolate has no flavonoids as it’s not made from Coca. Instead, white chocolate is made of Cocoa Butter and contains 50% sugar, milk, and other flavorings making it the least nutritious of all chocolates.
The key is to eat in moderation, enjoy every flavor while controlling your servings. Enjoy!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.