Whenever I feel like having something light during the day, I turn to Chicken Lettuce Wraps. They’re my favorite food to munch on during afternoons. They’re so crispy and fresh. For the best wraps, I always prefer Yard House. It’s an easy meal to make with a lot of fresh and healthy ingredients. I like my wraps to be on the spicier side with sauces that balance the flavors of chicken and lettuce. So grab your apron and let’s start cooking the Yard House chicken lettuce wraps recipe!
Yard House Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1.5 lb skinless chicken breasts, diced into cubes
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup red chili sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- In a bowl stir teriyaki, sriracha, red chili, and soy sauces
- Add red flakes to the bowl and mix well, set it aside
- In a large pan add oil and over medium heat fry the chicken cubes
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, tasting everything as you go
- The chicken will turn white meaning it's completely cooked, place the chicken on a plate
- Add more oil to the pan and saute the carrots, nuts, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms till fragrant
- Add the chicken and sauce mixture back into the pan and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes
- Stir well making sure everything is combined properly
- After 2 minutes turn off the stove and remove the pan from flame
- Arrange the chicken and sauce mixture onto a plate
- Add butter lettuce to the sides and top it all off with green onions
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Tips for this recipe
- You can add your choice of sauces
- Wraps are best enjoyed with a dip, teriyaki, sriracha, and soy sauce are the popular dips, have a look at our gluten -any nuts in the wraps
- You can eat the wraps whichever way you prefer, either roll them into a burrito or eat them like a taco
A scrumptious and saucy Yard House Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe is ready! You can have them as a starter before the main course or eat them for lunch. If your kids are fussy eaters, they’ll love this recipe.
Dips That Go With This Recipe
A nice dip with your wrap greatly accentuates the flavor, try our range of healthy sauces:
- A nice cup of Gluten-Free BBQ Sauce adds a smoky flavor
- The Creamy Spinach Dip will increase the texture of your meal
- Want a spicier creamy spinach dip? Try the Velveeta Spinach Dip Recipe
- Try the OG dip, Hummus
- Add Tofu to your ranch and enjoy Silken Tofu Ranch Dressing
- Mix a spoonful of Vitamix Peanut Butter into sriracha sauce and have creamy PB and Sriracha goodness
Enough talk about dips, let’s talk about the main course! All the teriyaki in the wraps has made me crave salmon. Try the Wegmans’ Teriyaki Salmon Recipe. Lemon and Pepper Smoked Salmon is a great main course to follow the delicious chicken wraps. A nice serving of Instant Pot Spicy BBQ Chicken Wings makes dinner even more fun. A nice fluffy pastry sounds heavenly doesn’t it, the Weight Watchers Spinach Quiche is a must-try. If you’re craving pasta but don’t know how to keep the meal healthy, try out our Vegan Avocado Pasta, it’s super nutritious and flavorful! Top it all off with sweet and scrumptious Almond Biscotti.
How to Store
Chicken Lettuce Wraps taste best when eaten fresh but there’s nothing wrong with eating leftovers the next day. You can wrap the lettuce around the filling like a burrito and then wrap the lettuce in butter paper or plastic wrap, this will help in preparing a serving. Put the wrap in the fridge and eat it the next day without the hassle of assembling it again.
Another trick you can use is to store the chicken, veggies, and sauces separately in airtight containers, preventing anything from soaking up any juices and becoming soggy. Store the containers in the fridge and consume them within 10 days. You can use the sauce mixture with other dishes too.