While most fans of Yard House’s Spinach Dip only eat it during football tournaments, I like to enjoy this creamy delicious dip with crackers every other weekend. To satisfy my cravings I started making my own dips with healthier ingredients, and I have started finding my creations tastier. Prepare this uncomplicated Yard House spinach dip recipe in a snap and enjoy!
Yard House’s 4 Cheese Spinach Dip
- 10 oz fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp parsley, minced
- 4 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 3 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper taste
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup milk, low fat
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp Romano cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp red bell pepper, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
- In a saucepan add water and spinach, cook for 2 minutes
- Let the spinach wilt, it will become greener in color
- Drain spinach in a colander, place it on a cutting board, and chop into bite-sized pieces
- In a separate bowl add feta, Monterey Jack, parmesan, romano, and cream cheese, mix them with an electric mixer, or whisk till homogenous
- Meanwhile, in a deep pan add milk (if using) and cheese mixture, whisk as you go
- Add spinach, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, parsley, onion, tabasco sauce, salt, and pepper
- Mix well to combine
- Pour into an oven-proof dish and place into the oven
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top turns golden brown
- Serve hot with a side of your choice
Tips for this recipe
- You can add cheeses of your choice
- For a runnier dip add sour cream or mayonnaise to the mixture before baking
- This dip tastes best hot and fresh however you can store it in a mason jar and refrigerate, it will last a week
- To use after chilling, pour into a dipping bowl and microwave to make the cheese melt again
Now that the dip is ready, you won’t believe how good it tastes! This dip is a real people-pleaser, you won’t be able to stop yourself from eating it all in one go!
Recipes to Enjoy With
The Yard House spinach dip recipe tastes best with pita bread and Brown Rice Crispies. This dip tastes great with crackers and chips. Most people prefer to cut their pita bread in half and stuff the cavity with dip.
Some great healthy dips to try:
- When done correctly the Vegan Cauliflower Cream Sauce amps up the flavor
- A nice serving of Gluten-Free BBQ Sauce adds smoky undertones to your snacks
- The ever Classic Hummus is a beloved dip
- Looking for a creamy spinach dip sans the cheese? Then the Velveeta Spinach Dip is what you need
- Another great spinach based dip to try would be the Spinach Dip Hawaiian Bread Recipe
- A nice cheesy spinach dip with the bread, try the Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Bread Ring Dip
- It’s a spread, it’s a dip, it’s the super popular Vitamix Peanut Butter
Try these Recipes
Spinach is very healthy food and contains essential nutrients for the body. It’s a flavorful ingredient when utilized correctly. However, spinach can be tasty even on its own, so try the Flash Fried Spinach Recipe. For authentic and traditional Afghan Cuisine try the Afghan Spinach recipe, a meal you won’t easily forget. A toothsome fluffy pastry, the Weight Watchers Spinach Quiche will make brunch with friends even better. Try the Garlic Chicken Spinach Pizza Recipe and enjoy your nights in. Lastly, if you want a tasty and healthy salad then look no further than the Whole Foods Orzo Spinach Salad Recipe.
Are Spinach Dips Healthy?
Spinach Dips at restaurants are not healthy as they contain extra oils and full-fat ingredients. The best thing you can do is make your spinach dip at home since you can substitute your choice of ingredients. For example, most dips contain sour cream which is high in calories. You can substitute it for yogurt. Yogurt is also beneficial for our bodies as it contains probiotics that help in maintaining normal gut health. Including Hummus in your dip adds necessary proteins that your dip might’ve lacked. Serve your dip with cucumber and avocados instead of starchy potato fries for a healthy meal!