Peanut butter pies are a treat in a lot of households. We love eating these creamy goodies every other weekend too. Normally peanut butter pies are thick, heavy, and loaded with peanut butter. I always feel like I’ve eaten an entire village’s worth of food after just one slice of PB pie. The good thing is that Yoder’s peanut butter pie recipe is made by the Amish, which means it’s a delectable home-cooked pie with light and airy peanut butter.
It’s time to raid your pantry and make Yoder’s Peanut Butter Pie!
Yoder’s Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
For the crust
- 9 to 10 inches deep pie shell or crust
For the pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For crumb mixture
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups whipped topping, sweetened
- In a medium bowl whisk together cornstarch, 1 cup milk, salt, vanilla, and yolks till smooth
- In a medium-sized pan add butter and the remaining milk and heat them while continuously stirring
- As the milk mixture starts to heat up add the cornstarch mixture and combine with a metal whisk
- Once the mixture is smooth and no lumps are seen, turn off the flame
- Place the pudding in the fridge and let it chill
For crumb mixture
- In a bowl, mix the peanut butter and sugar
- Small crumbs should start to form, add a little water if needed
- The crumbs should stick together
Assembling the pie
- Add half of the crumbs into the crust
- Spoon the pudding mixture over it
- Add the remaining crumbs over the pudding, keep a handful to sprinkle later
- Top the pie with whipped cream and sprinkle with crumbs
- Refrigerate the pie and serve chilled
Tips for this recipe
- You can use grass-fed butter for more vitamins, omega-3s, and omega-6s
- For a vegan pie, choose vegan dough or make one from scratch
- If you want a dairy-free recipe, swap the milk for unsweetened soy milk
- Corn starch, potato starch, arrowroot powder, and tapioca powder are all thickeners and can be substituted instead of the other
- We recommend preparing your peanut butter from scratch, it's healthier!
A light and delicious Yoder’s Peanut Butter Pie is ready to eat! The pie is creamy and won’t cause any bloating, you can have these tasty treats at any time of the day!
Since peanut butter pie is creamy and moist, a nice helping of Brown Rice Crackers on the side will balance out the textures. Almond Crusted French Toast complements a light slice of PB pie. Craving Yoder’s PB Pie the moment you wake up? Pair the pie with some Breakfast Buns and enjoy your morning! Sweet and crispy Almond Biscotti, a slice of Peanut Butter Pie, and a steaming cup of hot coffee is a nice way to spend your free time. Experiment a little with your peanut butter pie, add a dollop of Almond Buttercream Frosting, it tastes delicious!
Try these Recipes
The art of cooking is all about trying out new flavors and textures. The Raspberry Almond Tart is an easy and fun sweet snack, it will keep any toddler happy and occupied!
Peanut Butter is an exciting condiment to cook with so try these recipes too:
- Make a nice and refreshing drink with the Peanut Butter Banana Juice Recipe
- Another Peanut Butter based pie that you’ll love is the Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- Thinking about cookies, cakes, and peanut butter? Try the Giant Peanut Butter Cookie Cake Recipe
- Breakfast with Egg Rolls with Peanut Butter sounds so flavorful!
- Short in ingredients and time? Make the Celery with Peanut Butter
- Mole Sauce with Peanut Butter will make a savory dip for your tortillas and enchiladas.
Peanut Butter is a well-loved spread that’s made from ground peanuts. Store-bought bottles may contain added sugar and trans fats.
When talking about organic peanut butter, it’s packed with proteins and essential amino acids like methionine. Peanut Butter is also low in carbs, making it a spread of choice in low-carb diets.
Peanut Butter is rich in good fats like monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids. Both of which maintain heart health and prevent inflammation. Peanut Butter is also high in vitamins such as Biotin which keeps the hair, nails, and skin.
So make the Yoder’s peanut butter pie recipe at home and give us your valuable feedback!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.